Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I got my bear mount this Sunday after a quickie raid of Archimonde and Gorefiend.

Roster:
Tank: Me (pally tank),druid tank

Healer: pally healer, holy priest

DPS: hunter, mage, rogue, elemental shaman, warlock, dps warrior

This ZA brought out the worst in me. Based on past PUG runs where we were able to get the fourth chest, I was convinced that 2 healers are the way to go. It puts a tremendous strain on them but with the extra DPS, it makes the run so much faster. So I pouted my way into a better group dynamic. "Do it this way or I'm out".

On the way to the bear, at the gate, Soothing Animal DOES shave off seconds so I sighed my way to convincing the druid to do it my way and practically screamed for everyone to get a move on.

In short, we slaughtered every boss, my inner tension building with every death or stupid pull made by jumping the hut windows and the hunter not dismissing his pet. I run out of mana and I can feel the seconds squeezing by in the hourglass as I drink. Yet I would still run in to the invisible lynxes with 18% mana...shrug.

We had 5 minutes for the last boss and as flustered as I felt, we owned it with one minute remaining. We rolled and I won with a 93. Have to say I'm in love with my bear mount.

However, I was relieved to hear that people enjoyed themselves tremendously, even though I acted with tiny temper tantrums. :P One raider who was truly pissed that our 25 man raid ended early, said this was the most fun he's had in a long time. Definitely pleased.

Basic suggestions:
1. Roll Need if you want an item for an UG to save time. However, in the beginning of ZA, remind people to have 4 bag slots open or more. One of the warriors lost his UG because his bags were probably full and didn't notice it until the end of the 4th chest.

2. Take all consumables as if it's a 25 man progression raid.

3. The kill order (ex. Eagle Boss, Bear Boss, Dragonhawk, then Lynx) is a good thing to lay out for the entire raid ahead of time.

4. Remind people to mount up often.

5. If you're a pally tank, heal thyself and often. No need to put more strain on the healers when you got abilities too.

6. Get someone to test ambient sound ahead of time for the Eagle boss.

7. Use your Save Mes! It's a short run.

8. MC is your friend. Shadow priest should have more than enough spell hit for it to last and last. But be sure to hover with a BOP when it breaks.

Axe Thrower: Axe Volley - Tosses axes at targets between 8-40 yards. Hits a bunch of targets for between 2000-3500 damage very quickly.

Flame Caster: Haste - Increases spell cast speed by 300%. Fire Volley - You know it and you hate it. With the haste buff up this can do ~2500 damage to everything nearby every .4 seconds or so. Devastating.

Medicine man: I don't think you can use his immunity or healing totems, but he's got a powerful chain heal (up to 7500 on the first bounce) and a lightning bolt single target hit.

Trainer: Incite Frenzy - increases attack speed of a feral druid or possibly hunter pet by 200%.

9. Let the pally tank's consecrate tick at least once.

10. Be flexible and forgiving about aggro. They have a repair bill to worry about afterwards.

11. Soothe Animal is great. Make sure your druid knows what it even looks like.

12. Jumping huts is a skill that some will fuck up. But don't let hunters jump without a reminder to dismiss their pets. And don't let people whine about their races being too big; everyone fits.

13. If multiple mobs are on a pally tank, the warrior tank or druid tank should not be pulling off a mob but instead, dpsing as hard as possible as it leaves the healers one person to heal rather than two.

14. Like the MC abilities, research your trash mobs.

No comments: